SELL YOUR PORSCHE
We are constantly searching for high quality used Porsches. We will either:
- Buy your car from you at the best market price possible for quality cars, or
- You can take advantage of our brokerage service, where your car is kept secure and in peak condition throughout the sale period.
Not just placing an add in the paper and waiting for the phone to ring!
From start to finish we do the following so that you don't have to:
1) Collect Vehicle – often people are too busy to organise a second driver and drop the car off to us. We can organise collection of the vehicle.
2) Check VIN and Engine numbers with Porsche – The providence of a Porsche is vital, you need to know exactly what you are selling. We often uncover facts that even the owner is not aware of.
3) Paperwork – all vehicle data is recorded on statutory paperwork.
4) Defects – A thorough inspection is carried out for mechanical and cosmetic defects. All items noted are discussed with the owner and a plan of action is taken. Cosmetic defects are usually dealt with straight away as they hinder the sale process. Mechanical defects are dealt with either prior to sale or at the time of sale when the purchaser is made aware of them.
5) Pre Sale Preparation – All recommendations from the defect list above are dealt with. This usually involves the following:
- Mechanical Defects – for items that can not be dealt with in house we must drop off and collect the vehicle from the respective repairer i.e. air-conditioning specialist, auto electrician, paint and panel shop.
- Cosmetic Defects – All cars are professionally detailed which includes paintwork, interiors and engine bays. Paint less dent removal and upholstery repair are also common.
- Registration Status – Some vehicles are given to us in need of pink or blue slips, again drop off and collection is organised.
6) Photography – presentation and promotion are extremely important. Therefore we take great care in creating excellent photographs of the vehicle. The picture quality is semi professional and all photos are edited prior to being made public.
7) Create Advertisement – many cars are quite rare or contain special features that make them more desirable. We carry out research on the vehicle through our Porsche network to make sure that a car is described accurately. For instance a car may have been produced in limited numbers or may be a special anniversary edition; this is highlighted accurately in the advertising.
8) Upload & Book Advertising – the final add content and photos are uploaded to Drive.com.au, Carsales.com.au, Carpoint.com.au, Dutton Direct.com.au and autohaushamilton.com.au. We also place advertisements in Unique Cars magazine at the owner's request.
9) Receiving Enquiries – when enquiries are received on a vehicle they must be responded to straight away by either phone call or email, additional information such as the following is often requested:
- Photos showing certain parts of the car in more detail.
- Transport quotes for interstate purchasers.
- Recommended insurers for that particular type of vehicle.
- Recommended financiers for that particular type of vehicle.
- Maintenance costs and scheduled servicing.
- Vehicle specifications such as power, fuel consumption etc…
10) Inspection Time – all of our inspections are done by appointment, purchasers are generally more committed to inspecting the car if you have committed a specific time for them.
11) Pre Inspection Preparation – the car must be placed at the front of the showroom where people can easily walk around it and access all doors, it must also be freshly washed, be fueled and have service books ready for inspection.
12) The Inspection – complete the following:
- Show the purchaser through the car explaining all the features and benefits.
- Answer any questions.
- Qualify purchaser as to how serious they are about buying.
- Collect purchaser's personal details such as Drivers License information.
- Carry out the test drive.
13) Proceeding To Purchase – the following is all part of the purchase process:
- Negotiate the highest possible price and confirm with the owner that the price is acceptable.
- Complete relevant paperwork including contract of sale.
- Collect deposit – we can provide credit card facilities and Eftpos.
- If a trade in is part of the sale, record all details of the trade in.
- If a third party PPI is requested, note details of third party inspector.
- If repairs are required discuss when these will be completed and who bears the cost.
- If cosmetic or performance upgrades are required discuss the cost and when these items will be completed.
- If finance is required collect customer's information for financier and stipulate time frame within which settlement of the sale is required.
- Discuss personalized number plate options, if required complete appropriate paperwork and identify if the plate content is available with the RTA.
- Make a time for collection / delivery of vehicle and whether transport will be required for customers that can not collect the car in person such as interstate buyers.
14) Prior To Delivery – Make sure purchaser is on track to fulfill terms of sale:
- Liaise with finance company where finance is required.
- Receive final payment and clear funds.
- Wash and fuel the car.
- Liaise with Transport Company to book a collection date for interstate purchasers.
15) Delivery Day – Provide the following:
- Final inspection of the car and all its functions.
- Tax Invoice of sale.
- Pink Slip – Statutory requirement.
- Explain details of warranty if one is provided.
16) Post Sale – Carry out the following:
- Remove advertising from all websites.
- Account to owner for funds with final payment and tax invoice.
- Send disposal notice to RTA.
- Rectify any warranty issues that may arise in the future.
If you are interested in selling your car then please fill out the Sell Your Porsche form below or alternatively you can contact Scott Lang on (02) 9905 1455 or email him at email@example.com.